Friday, June 24, 2011

UNofficially Winslow Receives E-mail

From: Ellery Karl
Date: Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: For Posting on UNofficially Winslow
To: UNofficially Winslow

Dear UNofficially Winslow,

I would have sent this message sooner but I was going to wait for the next Winslow Township School Board meeting and make the comments there. The more I thought about it, though, the more outraged I became. Let me explain.

On June 15, 2011, the Winslow Township Board of Education had a meeting that began with honoring of the retiring teachers at 5:00 and continued with the Public meeting at 7:00. Just before the Board members adjourned to Executive session, one board member (Mr. Mark Benjamin) made a comment during the “new business” portion of the agenda which upset me immensely.

Mr. Benjamin stated that he was filing ethics charges against board members for pursuing the hiring of a company and that he did not want his name associated with a board that did this as it would negatively affect his political career.

The part that really disturbed me was that he was thinking of his “political” career. I am now embarrassed that I voted for Mr. Benjamin in the elections to become a board member. I was under the impression that it was for the students and the community of Winslow Township. I did not realize that Mr. Benjamin was using this position as a stepping stone to other political aspirations.

Ellery Karl Winslow Taxpayer since 1982

Click here to view previous e-mails sent to UNofficially Winslow concerning Winslow Township School District and B.O.E.