Sunday, September 26, 2004

Fw: UNBELIEVABLE

----- Original Message -----
From: EMAIL RECEIVE BY UNOFFICIALLY WINSLOW
To: UnofficiallyWinslow@Comcast.Net
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 10:39 AM
Subject: UNBELIEVABLE


Please post this editorial on your site-

UNBELIEVABLE

As I sit here and read all the editorials on this site, I have to say I am completely appalled not only as a taxpayer of Winslow Township but as a mother, that the residents of Oak Leaf Road would have the audacity to make the speed bumps that were installed on their street out to be something bad. What kind of people are you? Are you so selfish and wrapped up in your own little worlds, that you do not see the most important issue here? That being, the speed bumps were installed for the safety and protection of our children as well as all who reside on and travel on Oak Leaf Road. If this was my street, I would personally be ecstatic that we have Committee Members who are decent and caring enough to do something this good for their residents. Personally to me, this says that they have hearts big enough to make a difference. Lets switch the scenario around a bit: If there were no speed bumps installed there and a child was hit and killed by a speeding car, you would be starring at the scene of a horrific accident that will forever leave a tragic memory, rather than your “UGLY SPEED BUMPS”, as you call them. And I know that there is no person in their right mind that would want to endure that. And I am quite sure, if this was the case then you would be bad mouthing the Committee because there were no speed bumps preventing this from occurring. Unfortunately, I sit back and read these awful editorials filled with accusations, callous words, and just plain ignorance towards Barry Wright and Barbara Holcomb. This, and only this, is the kind of marrow that makes me sad to say I live in Winslow Township. Rise above people, be better than that.

Resident of Blue Anchor