Wednesday, March 01, 2006

UNofficially Winslow Receives Email

----- Original Message -----
From: Unofficially Winslow Receives Email
To:UNofficiallywinslow@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:43 AM
RE: COURIER-POST FRONT PAGE ARTICLE ABOUT UNOFFICIALLY WINSLOW.COM

Hi I've been reading your blog for quite a while. I just read the article in the Courier-Post, and I am appalled that Barbara Holcomb is targeting you. Your website is the best way to get information in this township. After I watch the meetings, what you post and what others say is exactly what I'm thinking! I'm only 23 years old, but I care about what happens to our township and my home. I hate the fact that they keep putting new houses up on every piece of farmland developers can get their hands on. I hate the fact that I lived in Wyndham Hill and it was overrun by drug dealers and prostitutes because of a specific realtor. I hate the fact that my sister graduated from a high school that lets kids from the worst city in the U.S. go there without consequence. I hate the fact that the taxes keep rising and rising and yet there is no money for extra teaching assistants. If the people that live in the brand new developments pay $12,000 a year in taxes and I pay $5,000 in taxes, and our population is increasing, why is there no money? Did Barbara Holcomb just discover your website, and it is giving her a bad name, so she wants it taken away??? Does she not realize that she IS NOT the MAYOR! What the heck is a deputy mayor anyway? Does she really think people are going to vote for her when she runs for mayor again?? We don't need a website to tell us that, take a look around!!!! This township is going to the dogs...don't let the pretty, expensive houses fool you! Concerned Citizen

UNofficially Winslow Notes:
As of January 1, 2006 Holcomb was dismissed as the Deputy Mayor. Currently there is no Deputy Mayor in Winslow Township. Committeeman Al Cooper has been appointeded to chair meetings and sign checks in the absence of the Mayor.

Click Here for more details about the Deputy Mayor issues.

this is an audio post - click to play1:00