Monday, October 08, 2007

MAYOR SENDS 2nd E-MAIL TO ALL WINSLOW RESIDENTS

Below is a re-print of an e-mail that Mayor Metzner sent to all available e-mail addresses of Winslow residents.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sue Ann Metzner
To: ALL WINSLOW RESIDENTS
Sent: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 3:57 pm
Subject: Your Property Taxes


Mayor Sue Ann Metzner
Your Property Taxes


Dear Neighbor,
A few weeks ago, I wrote to you to explain your water and sewer rates for 2007 and was pleased by the response I received from many of you. Now I would like to take the opportunity to address property taxes. I realize how high property taxes are across New Jersey and in our township, and I want you to know I am working hard as your mayor to reduce that burden on you and your families.
Our total tax rate is up just 2.8% this year, even though the costs of many of our services have risen at a much higher rate. I am determined to find ways to stabilize property taxes and to keep increases to the smallest amount necessary. However we must be careful not to cut our public services in any way that would penalize the vast majority of our residents in return for very little savings on their tax bills.
No one likes to pay taxes, including me and my husband. When they continue rising with no end in sight, it causes real hardships for us all. That's why I will continue pushing the governor and our legislators in Trenton to keep property taxes as low as they can so that our hard-working families can keep more of what they earn.
Please don't hesitate to contact me at
mayormetzner@winslowtownship.com if you have any thoughts or questions.
Yours,

Sue Ann Metzner